The chronic condition that can be controlled and treated but that cannot be cured, diabetes is a disease that disrupts the patient’s daily life, eating habits, physical activity, social life. Today, there are more than 100 million diabetics worldwide, and 2.8% of the adult population is concerned. With a rate of about 20% of diabetics, Americans are among the most affected populations. In Asia, on the other hand, there is a very low rate of affected individuals.
The fourth leading cause of death in industrialized countries, diabetes is affecting more and more people who do not know it. But, what are the symptoms and causes of diabetes? Can we cure this affection thanks to the virtues of plants?
Origins and causes of diabetes
The foods are composed of carbohydrates (sugars, starches), protein (meat) and lipids (fats). When we eat them, the blood sugar level goes up and the carbohydrates are turned into glucose. Therefore, the pancreas that detects the blood sugar level and secret insulin which in turn, promotes the penetration of glucose into the body. As a result, the blood glucose level is regulated and the glucose is converted into reserves and energy. This process is deficient for diabetics treatment.
Natural diabetes treatment:
Some medicinal plants are valuable for people with diabetes. While the virtues of some are known to stimulate the pancreas, others reduce the ability of cells to resist insulin. In addition, alternatively, blood glucose control supplement reduces the risk of poorly controlled diabetes or, at the same time, contain insulin.
Among them, we note among others:
– The onion: thanks to its antioxidant, antihyperglycemic and hypoglycemic properties, it reduces the level of lipids in the blood. The onion can be eaten raw (30 to 40 g per day), in mother tincture (40 to 50 drops 3 times a day) in soup or infusion.
– Cornflower: With several antioxidants, cornflower would facilitate the receptivity of cells to insulin, while reducing the level of sugar in the blood. Consumed raw, at will and without added sugar, this little flower would be very effective against diabetes.
– Garlic: thanks to its compounds, garlic has a positive effect on blood glucose but also, the complications of diabetes (triglycerides, cholesterol). It can be consumed in alcoholic tincture (20 to 30 drops per day), raw, crushed or finely chopped (1 to 2 pods per day) or powder 0.5 to 1g per day (in the form of gastroresistant capsules).
– Chia: composed of various nutrients, this plant would stabilize the sugar level in people with diabetes. This advisable to dip a few tablespoons in ten times their volume of water. Then add cinnamon then let it marinate for ¼ hour, 20 minutes maximum before consuming. You can also prepare it with vegetable milk instead of water.
– Eucalyptus: slightly hypoglycemic, the eucalyptus leaf would increase the secretion of insulin. Herbal therapists recommend an infusion to support the hypocaloric diet prescribed to a diabetics treatment. As a dosage, one teaspoon of broken dry leaves is enough for a cup of very hot water. Let stand for about 10 minutes. Drink 2-3 times a day. On the other hand, 2 to 3 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil 3 times a day also have an effect on diabetes. As for his mother tincture, 50 drops 3 times a day are enough.
– Fenugreek: in the treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetes, its seed (powder or germinated) would be very effective. Hypoglycemic, it is consumed as a decoction (daily) or to accompany meals.
– Ginseng: medicinal plant hypoglycemic, ginseng can be taken in mother tincture or decoction.
– Black walnut: known for its hypoglycemic properties, this plant can be taken in decoction or mother tincture.
– Nettle: diuretic plant, nettle reduces blood sugar levels in the blood.
– Psyllium: Psyllium powder, added to cereals and groats, reduces the level of glucose in the blood.
– The olive tree: its leaves are known for their hypoglycemic, antioxidant and hypotensive properties. As for the infusion of olive leaves, it would be less effective.
Good to know about diabetes
In type 2 diabetes treatment, medicinal plants or their extracts would be effective. However, regular medical monitoring (in addition) is always recommended. But beware to treat the same ailment all plants should not be associated. 2 or 3 would be sufficient. Always seek advice from specialists and/or your doctor.